|Official Disney Princess|
|Film:||The Little Mermaid|
|Voiced by:||Jodi Benson|
|Appears in:|| The Little Mermaid|
The Ltittle Mermaid (Television series)
The Little Mermaid II
The Little Mermaid III
Once Upon a Time
Ariel is the beautiful main protagonist of The Little Mermaid movies and TV show. She has vivid red hair and blue eyes. When she was a mermaid she had green fins and a lavender seashell bikini top. She is voiced by Jodi Benson.
Ariel was the 16 year old daughter of the sea king, King Triton, who hated humans. However, she wanted to know more about the humans and was fascinated by them. Her goal was set when she fell in love with a human prince Eric. Desperate, she traded her voice with the sea witch Ursula for human legs, which would last for three days. Before the sunset of the third day, she had to let Prince Eric kiss her with true love's kiss in order for her to become human permanently. However, Ursula kept thwarting Ariel's plans. By the third day, Ursula changed into a human with Ariel's voice, enchanting the prince. Nonetheless, Ariel had her voice back, but her father was changed into a polyp, and Ursula gained control of the trident and the seven seas. In the end, Eric stabbed Ursula with a broken ship, killing her. King Triton felt symphamthy for his daughter and bestowed her with legs.She and Eric lived happily ever after.
Ariel became the mother of her daughter, Melody. After Melody got a fish tail from the sea witch Morgana], she gave the witch Triton's magic trident. By doing this, she put all her family members in danger. Meanwhile, Ariel changed back into a mermaid to find her daughter, but was ultimately saved by Melody.
After her mother, Athena, gave King Triton a music box and was later killed by a ship, the king banned all music from his kingdom. His daughter, Ariel, tried to find the truth about the past and saved music from fading away.
Ariel is in Power Play, when Judge Frollo tries to drown Willa. Ariel saved her and helped her to escape. Ariel later reveals that Mickey had gone missing.
- Part of Your World
- Part of Your World (Reprise)
- Down to the Sea
- For a Moment
- Land and Sea
- I Remember
- In the original story, she couldn't kill the prince after he found his wife, therefore turning into bubbles and died.
- She was the first Disney Princess to have red hair.
- She was the only Disney Princess to be of mythical species.
- She is the only Disney Princess to be a mother in any Disney media.
- She is the only princess without a confirmed country. (Snow White; Germany, Cinderella; and Belle; France, Aurora; Britain, Jasmine; Persia, Pocahontas and Tiana; America, Mulan; China, Rapunzel; Germany, Merida; Scotland, Anna; Norway)
To see pictures of Ariel, see Ariel/Gallery.
|Previous Princess:||Next Princess:|